Smart Attendance System: Biometrics and RFID
Attendance is the measure for calculating productivity whether you are at workplace or college/university it is meant to keep track of every individual’s availability. The traditional ways of recording an attendance involved maintaining a register and marking people present/absent on particular days. The process of maintaining attendance registers is a cumbersome task and is extremely difficult to track historical records as most of the registers find themselves stacked in cupboards in a degraded state.
With the advent of technology and its revolutionary changes, recording an attendance too has become tech-savvy. The smart attendance system in today's world is the best way to record attendance without any irregularities. Moreover, the historical records can be easily accessed at the touch of a button within a few minutes. The smart attendance system can be implemented in a variety of ways.
The Biometric attendance system is the most popular and widely used attendance recording machine. The system involves recording a biological aspect of the human body. The most common ones are fingerprint and iris as they are unique and uncommon aspects to every human being. Hence, the possibility of recording proxy attendance is eliminated unless there is a technical malfunction. The Biometric attendance system captures the fingerprint pattern of an individual and stores it against an individual's name at the time of registration. While recording attendance, an individual has to simply place the finger on the machine, and the pattern is matched against the name. If it’s found to be true, the attendance is recorded and stored.
• It is reliable, easy, and quick.
• No proxy attendances
• In-Time and Out-Time is easily captured
• The system is robust and smart.
• The smart attendance system is mostly used in schools, colleges, and universities for recording attendance of staff members, clerks, accountants, and other administrative officials.
• The Biometric finger attendance systemis also used to record the attendance of students appearing for examinations such as IELTS, GRE, GMAT, SAT, and other competitive examinations.
Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) is another way of recording attendance. The mechanism involves punching/swiping an RFID card with an RFID reader. The unique identification code from the RFID card will be read by the RFID reader and immediately sent to the computer. An algorithm/program on the computer will read the unique RFID code and match it with the one available in the database. In this way, the attendance of an individual is recorded and preserved.
• The RFID attendance recording system is accurate, fast and efficient
• Historical records can be easily accessed and preserved
• Attendances are recorded and processed at a speedy basis
• Proxy attendance can be recorded as one can swipe/punch the card against the reader for someone else.
• No human recognition pattern of fingerprints or iris is possible.
• The RFID attendance system is widely used to capture heavy input of attendance. It is widely used in corporate offices and multinational companies which include a lot of workforces.
• RFID is also used for maintaining the security of various departments in an organization where only authorized employees are allowed to enter and exit the departments.
• It is used to enforce security mechanisms and to maintain restricted zones in corporate offices where only concerned authorities are allowed to enter.
• RFID is also used to allow only those employees/officials associated with a specific client from entering a secured client ODC in IT and software companies
Attendance management systems are crucial for any organization to keep track of individuals and maximize their performance. At ERPAcademe we build Smart attendance systems are easy to use with zero redundancy. In comparison to the traditional ways of marking attendance, the student attendance systems